PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Pickup

jazzgtrl4
Feb-08-2005, 10:35am
Hi all, i have a new Weber Bitterroot and im looking for a pickup for it. I guess i could get one installled but i was maybe thinking about a Schertler. Also i have a LR Baggs Paracoustic DI to go with a pickup. any ideas?? thanks for your help

Mando Medic
Feb-08-2005, 11:03am
Email me at kenc@wvi.com about a Schertler I have for sale. Kenc

telepbrman
Feb-08-2005, 1:28pm
I am having a McIntrye feather MF-200 in a Gallatin up at Elderly...It is not here yet, but I will keep you posted. I also have that Para DI on order. How do you like the Para DI, and what style you playing...also, fill me in a bit more about your rig: Amp, Mic...thanx, dy.

mandroid
Feb-08-2005, 4:18pm
Schertler has advantage,in addition to its accurate sound, in that it isnt permanantly installed, one is all you need for any number of instruments.
Its a contact dynamic microphone, and plugs into the Mic preamp on the mixer, another preamp is not needed, its optional .
I usually put the thin connecting cord XLR plug in my pocket.
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Doug Edwards
Feb-09-2005, 9:17am
I have a Fishman pickup/bridge w/ carpenter jack I will place in the classifieds this week after I receive my new Steve Smith bridge. It came on the SA I bought and I have no need for it. Call me a purist, or maybe I don't think I want anyone to hear me.

jazzgtrl4
Feb-09-2005, 11:45am
Hi thanks for the replys. I like the paracoustic DI, really nice. I play all styles bluegrass,jazz ect...and i useally just go into the PA. So can i take the Schertler and plug it right into my Baggs preamp correct and then go to the PA? Id like to hear your opinions on the mcintyer, do you have to change the bridge with those?

mandroid
Feb-09-2005, 5:03pm
Only if Baggs has an XLR mic input, if its 1/4" you need an XLR-F to 1/4"-M,adaptor at the end of a mic cable. #
[or XLR-F to 1/4"-F, if you want to run an instrument cable] # perhaps an impedance matching transformer [theyre usually xlr-f;to 1/4"-m]
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Ancient
Feb-10-2005, 11:32am
Check out the Shadow 2000 stick on pickup with tone and volume control. You do not need a preamp just plug it in to an amp and you have your tone and volume controls on the unit. You can move it around on the top of the instrument until you get the sound you want and then stick it on the instrument. I have been using one for about a year now,and have ordered several more. I use one on my Flatiron mandola and it sounds so acoustic not electric. It comes with a cord that is mini on one end and standard quarter inch on the other end.

ira
Feb-10-2005, 11:42am
you don't have to change the bridge on the mcintyre feather as it is installed inside the body of the mando. on my mando i access it through the end pin. relatively happy with it. only issues- great that it is so sensative to pickup the mando so well, but can also get some thumping if my hand swipes the mando or bridge a bit (ok-or alot). additionally, definitely requires a pickup (baggs is just fine).
i think its good for the cash and super lite.
ira