PDA

View Full Version : J74's vs JS74's

Lane Pryce
Feb-07-2005, 1:52pm
Are the stainless strings lasting a tad longer?And how do compare tonally?Just curious if the JS's have an old timey sound.Its time to reorder strings and I may try out a couple of sets. Lp

Jim Gallaher
Feb-07-2005, 4:31pm
I've got 'em on my 1983 LaPlant F-5. Definitely lasting longer than J75's. No rust like I got from phosphor bronze strings. I like the "monel" sound of JS74's.

phynie
Feb-07-2005, 7:43pm
i love them. They last much longer than the bronze under my fingers. And they don't have that WIINNGG sound when they come out of the package. Nope, they are pretty mellow. But good tone.

Steve G
Feb-10-2005, 5:24pm
They're Grrrrrrrreat!!! I don't think I'd ever go back to bronze. Do they make good monels for acoustic guitar? I tried the D'Aquisto Tony Rice signatures and they died fast.

Feb-10-2005, 6:36pm
I think the J-74's have that tone and sound quality that i look for. The Js i have heard are harder to tune. But i will probably not change the kind i play for a while. So here's another post that i go for J-74's.

Lane Pryce
Feb-10-2005, 7:39pm
That old timey sound is hard to get from anything other than phosphur bronze. Lp