PDA

View Full Version : Short strap

bjc
Jan-31-2005, 7:11pm
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone is vertically impaired and likes their mando high and where you get your straps. I've been using the Softy straps, which are, for the most part comfortable. But I have made a hole to raise the mando. However, I would really like it if the shoulder padding was indeed on my shoulder. I wear my guitars high as well...more like George Harrison in 1964 rather than Johnny Ramone, if that helps. For electric guitar I have straps where the should pad shifts...does this exsist in the mando world?

Mike Crocker
Feb-01-2005, 9:08am
Levys has a strap with movable pad. I get a kick out of folks who wear a strap backwards so that the pad misses their shoulder. Mooh.

grant_eversoll
Feb-01-2005, 11:24am
I have a mando strap that looks like ath old "bluesman" strap and the pad moves on it too...but I don't know the name brand I just know I got it at Vance Music in Bloomington IN. for $10.00...I know I'm a big help right:D

ab4usa
Feb-01-2005, 2:32pm
Check out Sully's Straps (type it into your browser and you'll get his web page). If you give him a length, he'll make you one that will fit and give you room to increase or decrease the length. I was still deciding between behind the neck or just over the sholder so I gave him both lengths and when it arrived it was set for the longest but very quickly shortened to the shorter length. That and the sholder pad slides.

Ted Eschliman
Feb-01-2005, 4:19pm
Brian;
I, like you, prefer to "wear it high." I do use the Long Hollow strap on all my acoustics, but on the electric, I use a cotton-leather Oval Fender guitar strap (http://www.fender.com/products/show.php?partno=0990667005) (SKU #099-0667-xxx) which is made for them by Levy's Straps.
http://www.fender.com/new_repository/spa/images/0990667005_sm.jpg

I've found most guitar straps do not adjust small enough for the mandolin, but this one seems to be an exception. These street price less than $10, and should be available from any Fender dealer. The woven fabric supports (kind of a soft canvas) well, but breathes, so it doesn't get hot.