PDA

View Full Version : Mando and volume pedal.

telepbrman
Jan-29-2005, 4:29am
Hey, I will be tracking down a Gallatin w/McIntyre feather, and a Baggs Para DI as a rig....now I am wondering if a volume pedal between the rig and mixer/amp/etc is a good way to go...control the general sound levels and such, ok, thanks for your time, dy.

P.S. If good to go, which volume pedal should I snag?

steve in tampa
Jan-29-2005, 4:53am
I use an Ernie Ball Jr and have a Boss TU-2 tuner connected to the tuner output.

grant_eversoll
Jan-29-2005, 5:12am
I use a rouge stero vol. pedal, got it from musicians friends about 4 years ago for under $30.00, use it every weekend on acoustic guitar and keyboard...works great

bjc
Jan-29-2005, 8:42am
A volume pedal is a great ideal. I use one so just in case I need a little bit of boost due to someone else playing louder...by the same token it works in reverse...I play other instruments, so if I don't play mando until the middle of a set it's great because the levels have probably changed since the sound check...I use a Morley, but that's only because I found one cheap...Ernie Balls are great, but really any volume pedal should work...

gremlin
Jan-29-2005, 9:30am
the dunlop volumers are pretty good too and are cheap, they also have a wah feature that can be turned off and on. Rolls makes one that is really cheap but durable i got mine for about 25.00 and use it to controll not only volume but some midi switching on my guitar rig as well

gremlin
Jan-29-2005, 9:33am
oh yeah i dont know if morley still uses the photo cells in the pedal but if they do stock up on them they tend to blow out with a lot of heavy use but are easy to change out

gremlin
Jan-29-2005, 9:42am
are you going to run a noise gate or noise supression of any kind? volume pedals/wah pedals can be noisey depending on where you are playing a good cheap niose gate between the pedals and the DI box can help with a lot of headaches. with my guitar rig i use a Rocktron Hush IIc and a BBE Sonic Maximizer. The rocktron quiets the rig while the sonic maximizer takes out the "mud" and brings out the tone instrument.

telepbrman
Jan-29-2005, 10:12am
Great info...I didn't think of a "hush" type deal either, I'll keep you posted, dy.

mandroid
Jan-30-2005, 8:11pm
a claim is made for optical controllers, versus rack and pinion on a potentiometer, mechanical pedal is quieter operating, various types, users share opinions , thanks.