PDA

View Full Version : Great site for Music sofware

gremlin
Jan-28-2005, 8:43am
Hi guys and gals
I don't know if any of you have ever chacked out Harmony Central. But there are a lot of cool downloads there and trial versions of software. they also have links to a lot of tablature mainly for guitar and bass. personaly I Like the tuners you can download for your computer. I downloaded soundforge and cakewalk demos there and ended up buying both. one of the coolest freebie demos on there is the "CD-Slow Downer" it will slow down a song to almost single notes to make learning those supefast runs easy. the demo will only let you play the first 2 songs on a cd that way but here is a trick so you dont have to buy the full version just burn 2 songs you want to learn to your CDRW, learn the song then erase the cd and do the same thing again and again. They also have a demo of software that will transcribe to printable tab any song played on the cd drive. I havent played with it yet but will let ya know how it works.

glauber
Jan-28-2005, 9:18am
Link: http://www.harmony-central.com/

ab4usa
Jan-30-2005, 10:08am
Gremlin

Which software did you try to print out the music and how did it work?

gremlin
Jan-30-2005, 2:30pm
its called chord transcriber, and although I haven't had time to play with it since i downloaded it here is what the overview says "Chord Transcriber is a software application which can identify the chords played in
virtually any piece of recorded music. You play an ordinary tape or CD on your stereo
system or CD-ROM drive, and Chord Transcriber names the chords that are played by
the recorded instruments. It works on just about any piece of music that has clear
chord progressions, including most rock, jazz, country, and folk tunes.

Chord Transcriber enables you to produce a complete chord chart from a musical
recording within minutes. You can use Chord Transcriber to easily transcribe complex
harmonies and be able to reproduce them on guitar, piano, or any other instrument.

Chord Transcriber Features:
-Detection of most common chord types, including major and minor triads, seventh
chords, major and minor seventh chords, sixth chords, augmented and diminished
chords, seventh sharp five chords, and seventh flat five chords.
-Automatic pitch correction for music which is off-key.
-Songsheet-formatted output showing chord names and guitar fingerings.
-Playback of chords, either as audio or MIDI.
-Ability to cut, paste, and alter chords, and to add lyrics.
-Ability to transpose chords into any key, or to have the program determine the key
which is easiest to play on guitar.
-Output of transcriptions to printer or to standard MIDI files.
-Interactive tutorial which guides the user through the program from start to finish.

Visit the Chord Transcriber home page at http://www.musicians-ear.com/ "
so we will see how good it is shortly, Ill let ya know or if someone gets to play with it first let me know