PDA

View Full Version : Rover r m75 case

unclelee
Jan-18-2005, 11:23pm
I needed a travel Mandolin and after reading what was said about a Rover I purchased one. It plays and sounds better than my MK or KY. I need adecent case to fit it. It is smaller than the other mandos and is loose in their cases. any suggestions. thanks Lee

Don't give up what you want most,
for what you want now.

Lane Pryce
Jan-19-2005, 8:13am
Check out the lite cases at stew mace or go with an eastman if ya don't have much stuff to lug around. Lp

devilsbox
Jan-19-2005, 12:13pm
The RM-75 fits nicely in one of Golden Gates' "red stripe" cases. I'm really happy with my Rover also.

http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

El Rey del Mando
Jan-19-2005, 6:28pm
Not to mention,the vintage golden gate case looks just like a 20s gibson case.The only thing missing is the smell.It's a good case.I have 4, just in case of an emergency.(Emergency?yeah,Right!)I'm gone.

John

cbarry
Jan-19-2005, 8:55pm
Hope you don't mind my asking, you Rover folks, but did any of you buy yours from the guy on ebay who has a bunch of #them for $269? That's a great price, and he said he could give me a good setup. I'd just like a little feedback on his setup. His ebay feedback is great.
Thanks,
Chuck

devilsbox
Jan-19-2005, 10:40pm
I have seen those listings. If you check his feedback, it looks like there are some satisfied mando buyers. I don't know this guy and I have never spoken to him. Look at the feedback and decide for yourself. That is a good price.

unclelee
Jan-20-2005, 10:48am
cbarry, I purchased my mando (Rover rm750 on e-bay for the $269 price. I couldn't be more satisfied, I emailed him about a case and he said he would sell me a hard case for $40.00. mine was set up just the way I like. the store was rcbmusic. If I had the money i'd buy another. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

cbarry
Jan-20-2005, 2:30pm
Thanks devilsbox and unclelee. I've got an MK on it's way thanks to the classifieds here, but maybe I'll spring for the Rover, too!
Chuck

El Rey del Mando
Jan-20-2005, 2:46pm
Hey Chuck,My brother bought one from this guy.He shipped fast,good packing job too.As far as the set up goes,there was nothing special.I put a set of J74s on it and fit a Stew Mac ebony bridge on it for him.It sounds great.My brother didin't need this instrument though,he got one just to have.He has been playing mando for 25 years and has some heavy hitters in his collection now.You can't beat these for the money.I think it's only a matter of time before they go up in price.I bought one too just to have,I did the same to mine and it sounds better than Mikes.They are loud .I also have 4 other mandos.I may even get another Rover just to put away.You can't go wrong.Put a tone gard on it and you have something.Even without, they are good stuff.

John