PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bluebird

Jan-06-2005, 11:52pm
i just picked up one of these today... im wondering if anyone has any expeirence with it? any comments are greatly appreciated as i am just getting to know this mic.... i got it for my BG band

i only got to try it out in the store so far.. and it seemed really nice so far!

jim simpson
Jan-07-2005, 6:50am
Hi John,
That looks like a cool mic! Our group uses a single mic with a supplemental mic for guitar breaks. I like being able to hear the vocal blend from each other. Will this be the only mic? I'll look forward to a review after you gig with it.
Jim

Jan-17-2005, 12:57am
ok.. so here is the lowdown so far on my experience with the microphone:

its awesome. it runs on phantom power, it makes no noise very silent sensitive mic.

for the BG band it works good but ballancing act with the martin D 28 's thunderous roar makes it a problem but we supplement the bass with a pick up so its ok.. but we can totaly make it work with out the pick up but its easier to get the bass thumpin with the pick up as well.
vocals sound amazingly clear with this mic as well. really good.

i got the system loud and crankin during practice last week and man it sounded sweet! but id have to stand on the other side of the barrier to hear it http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

id reccomend this mic... its super stylish too.
we also have been experimenting with adding a vintage shure elvis mic, my banjo player sings much softer than i do is why.

yup!