PDA

View Full Version : Bobelock Cases

Lane Pryce
Dec-30-2004, 12:55pm
You folks that have them are you still happy with em? Any issues with the mandolin cases? I have used them for years to keep my fiddles in and really like them. One is on the way for my F9; black exterior with green interior.
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif Lp

Tom C
Dec-30-2004, 1:12pm
I'm not thrilled with the locking mechanism. I have to shut it a couple of times to make sure it's closed. I'll be looking for a new case soon.

Ken Berner
Dec-31-2004, 1:18pm
I have no problems with my Bobelock case (Christmas present in '03); plenty of space for gear, and my '92 Flatiron F5 Artist. This case provides the protection my instrument deserves!

Old Red
Jan-02-2005, 8:44pm
I like mine a lot. #I bought it over a year ago and I use it for my F4. #It's a little larger than the Calton I use for my F5 and not quite as sturdy, but it holds the mandolin securely, provides plenty of protection and I think it's a little lighter. #It looks good too, and (I don't know if anyone cares about this but me) I can open the two accessory compartments, which are located on either side of the peghead, without taking the mando out of the case. #Plus, it has additional storage space in the built-in cover. #I think it's a very good case for the money, even if I am likely to be mistaken for a fiddle player.

Andy

Jim M.
Jan-02-2005, 9:01pm
I have one for a fiddle and one that holds an F5 and fiddle. Both are great cases and I'm real happy with them. Got the double case from FineCases.com. Good business dealings with them and they post here occasionally.

Mike Bunting
Jan-02-2005, 10:14pm
Will the Bobelock hold the mando while it has the toneguard attached. Thanks

Mandobar
Jan-05-2005, 12:34pm
actually this is the case i feel most comfortable with my brentrup in. i have a modern supercase (kind of leary as the tuners are kind of snug in there), a few caltons, a travelite and a tkl shaped case.