PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Strings

Steve Farling
Dec-27-2004, 10:31am
I know this question has been posted before, but it is still unanswered. The last post was the end of october. I missed it then, and just discovered these strings on an internet sight and am curious. I'm looking for a string to use with my F5-G and Fishman bridge pickup setup. I've still got Gibson Bill Monroe signatures on, and am about to put a set of Sam Bush's on next. Since I'm amplified now I thought flatwound strings would be more forgiving for my lack of playing ability at this time. What do y'all think?
Steve http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

peterbc
Dec-27-2004, 11:39pm
Well, since no one else has answered, I'll tell you what little I know. I just had a set of Pyramids on my guitar and really didn't like them, but they roundwound bronze lights (usually use mediums). However, that doesn't mean much, other than that I don't like light strings. I used to use TI flatwounds on my mandolin and liked those, but ended up breaking one not long after I put it on and didn't want to blow another $20 something dollars. They played nicely and sounded good, though. I'd say go ahead and try them and see what you think.