PDA

View Full Version : stands for mandolins

erick
Dec-26-2004, 10:03pm
Anyone come across a good foldable stand that holds our precious F5 style mandos securely in place while we take a break?

Michael Lewis
Dec-27-2004, 1:14am
It depends on what you mean by secure. I got some from Greg Boyd that work reasonably well.

mandoJeremy
Dec-27-2004, 1:59am
The Ingle's violin stand is perfect!

earthsave
Dec-27-2004, 10:58am
I saw some nice looking compact ones in the JanetDavisMusic catalog. Dont own one they looked nice. I just put mine in the case most of the time... especially when playing a gig and especially in the winter with the heat on and the drying air.

string_8
Dec-27-2004, 2:09pm
These work very well for mandolins. They are sturdy and fold up nicely. http://www.gear1music.com/hetrelgust.html

diamond ace
Dec-27-2004, 2:30pm
I agree with the ingels violin stand. I love mine, it's very well made and very stable. mandolin fits perfect!

jim simpson
Dec-27-2004, 9:15pm
I bought a Hercules stand that works great for my mando and guitar. Since the instrument hangs by it's neck, you only need to set the height for ground clearance. There are locking tabs that rotate down when the weight of the instrument rests on it making it pretty secure. I use mine at gigs when I switch off of mandolin for a couple of tunes on guitar. Our guitar p;ayer uses one outfitted for 2 instruments. He switches to dobro when I play guitar.