PDA

View Full Version : SOFTY STRAP

Yonkle
Dec-15-2004, 1:55pm
Anyone know where I can get a "Softy Strap" for my F5.
They are made by Longhollow leather. Justcases.com is the only site I have found them on and they have been Out of stock for a long time. Thanks for any help finding one. JD

Jonathan James
Dec-15-2004, 2:02pm
Contact Long Hollow direct at: 615-794-7147 or www.longhollowleather.com

Big Joe
Dec-15-2004, 2:16pm
We carry them in the Bluegrass Showcase also. They are nice straps and not very expensive. Thank you.

Ted Eschliman
Dec-15-2004, 3:13pm
You want SKU# 71070, and they come in a black, burgundy, brown, or a lovely blonde. List is $18.00, but they'll street price in the mid/lower teens, depending on what you get charged for shipping.
My stores carry them, too.
(I'm personally addicted to this strap...)

BluegrassPhilfromFrance
Dec-15-2004, 3:49pm
Maybe you should try this link :

http://www.carmelmusic.com/stocklist/mandolin_straps.html

http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

Nalapombu
Dec-15-2004, 7:24pm
I would like to hear more reviews about this strap. I have seen them before and thought about getting one, but I didn't. They do look like they would be comfortable and would work better for those that try to use the braided straps and they keep slipping.

Nala

bud
Dec-15-2004, 7:57pm
I've got one on an A and one on an F and love them both. Great strap at a great price. At least two local stores here central North Carolina carry them. One of the stores brought them in on my recommendation.

ira
Dec-16-2004, 7:20am
used to use a spurgeon braided (still a great deal and a great strap if you lean that way), but i got the softy last year- inexpensive, so comfortable, so easy, never slips and barely noticable once you strap on your axe. i keep my mando on even when i switch to harp for a few tunes, and don't even know its around my shouldeer/neck.

bjc
Dec-16-2004, 11:44am
I started with one and now I have one for each eight string wonder (plus one for my much anticipation Freshwater)...I love 'em...real comfortable, the only thing I had to do was since I wear my mandos high (and because I'm short) I had to cut an additional hole to get it to the correct height...I got mine at Finecases.com
The guy who runs that site is real nice and the service was prompt...my 2 cents...

levin4now
Dec-16-2004, 9:41pm
A friend of mine, Ernie Arrant, who I met at Kaufman Kamp, suggested I try Cotten music. I think he found one for me locally however. I love it. What a great, comfortable strap.