PDA

View Full Version : The likes of me by jerry reed

Bigtuna
Aug-01-2008, 2:54pm
I just got the new Tony Rice cd "Night Flyer" and I just can't get enough of Jerry Reed's "The Likes of Me". I was wondering if any of you guys know the chords or have the tab for it before I dig into learning it. Sam Bush plays some nice breaks on it, its worth checking out. Thanks!

downtowner
Aug-01-2008, 6:25pm
E D A E
look outside the rain it pours the lightning flashes and the thunder roars and i wonder if you'de stand a better
D A E G E A C
chance trying to tame the elements rather than try to tame my soul I think your love could ever hold to the likes
E A E
of me to the likes of me
E D A E E
it isn't that i'de like to stay and live my life in an ordinary way work a nine to five a family a little baby
D A E G E A C
boy upon my knee oh woman i'de only break your heart but that kinda life just aint in the cards for the likes of
E A E
me for the likes of me
A C#min. G D E D A
the likes of me that knows no home or the town im in or the road i'm on i'm a restless soul and I'll never be
E E A E
still so i follow the sunrise over the hills

downtowner
Aug-01-2008, 6:29pm
******I just worked this out when I saw your post. I could be wrong in a few parts but I tabbed it really fast. I didn't really pay attention to spelling or anything. If anyone else plays it another way feel free to correct me. I also spent a few minutes trying to line the chords up over the words so hopefully it doesn't get messed up when I post this

downtowner
Aug-01-2008, 6:31pm
Well, it did mess up when I posted it. If you want I can try to email it to you with the chords in the right spots. *sigh*

Bigtuna
Aug-04-2008, 9:52am
Thanks!

Bigtuna
Dec-04-2008, 7:37pm
With the help of downtowner, I think I finally got something that works for me. I had gotten frustrated with it and put in down for a while. I figured I'd give it another go, any suggestions are welcome!

Jim Broyles
Dec-04-2008, 7:59pm
Select Courier New font and it should format correctly. Maybe not, but it is supposed to.

AlanN
Dec-04-2008, 8:23pm
Sam Bush mando break is in Dave Peters book.

What is 'Night Flyer', a compilation of previously-issued stuff?