PDA

View Full Version : Chord progession for 'the north shore'

Larry Simonson
Jul-24-2008, 11:40am
Would someone please post the chord progression for John Reischman's beautiful composition, 'The North Shore'. #I have been trying to learn it and would be helped by knowing the chords. #Thanks. # -Larry

Amandalyn
Jul-24-2008, 12:25pm
It's in Gm, and in the tabledit files on Mandozine. If you can't find it let me know.
Teri

Jim Broyles
Jul-24-2008, 1:18pm
Search North Shore instead of The North Shore.

Larry Simonson
Jul-24-2008, 6:11pm
Thanks Jim and Keri. In my past searches on this tune I did find the tabledit version but I do not have the program to interpret the file. I guess I should get up to speed on Tabledit but that'll have to wait. I was able however to get a bit of info from the uncoded parenthasized entries, but not enough to believe it ready to put it into Band in a Box.
What I got was this list (without timing):

Gm,Cm,F,Gm,Eb,Bb,F,Gm,Cm,F,Gm,F,Gm
Eb,Cm,F,Gm,Eb,Cm,Eb,D,Gm,Cm,F,Gm,F,Gm

Any help appreciated,

Thanks again, Larry

Jim Broyles
Jul-24-2008, 7:11pm
Tab|Edit reader is free. Just download it. That's all I have. You can't save the whole file, but you can listen as much as you want per download.

Larry Simonson
Jul-24-2008, 8:40pm
Thanks Jim, I have been listening to it on the "Tone Poets" CD (Great CD, highly recommended) and have just about learned to play it but I don't have a good grasp of the chord progression. -Larry

Jim Broyles
Nov-07-2008, 3:03pm
Did you ever get the changes down? Those ones up thread, which are the ones on the Mandozine Tab, are not quite right. Here ya go:

Gm,Cm,F,Gm,Eb,Bb,F,D, Gm,Cm,F,Gm,F,Gm
Eb,Cm,D,Gm,Eb,Cm,D,Gm,Cm,F,Gm,F,Gm

The D in the A part is definitely right, and the F for the 3rd chord of the B part is definitely wrong. It's a D.