PDA

View Full Version : Tab for turkey knob

rockies
Jul-09-2008, 9:23pm
I heard a great tune from a Cd featuring Mike Conroy on mandolin. He was playing a tune called Turkey Knob. By chance does anyone know where I could find a tab for this tune? Will sit down and start learning it by ear but a little tab could speed up the process. Thanks
Rockies

Mike Black
Jul-09-2008, 9:44pm
Turkey Knob is a great Clark Kessinger tune! I wrote it out in standard notation if you want that.

rockies
Jul-09-2008, 10:08pm
Sure Mike, would appreciate that, not a great notation reader but also not a great tab reader but anything to get on the right road. I never even checked on the CD to see what key it was in .. just picked up my wifes guitar and it's done in D, but I can transpose if necessary. Thanks again. New to this Mandolin Cafe thing but I guess you can get my email from my profile?? thanks
Dave

mike_c
Jul-09-2008, 10:55pm
hi dave... glad you liked my pickin on turkey knob.. mike conroy

rockies
Jul-10-2008, 10:01am
Mike Conroy, yes enjoyed the CD of you and Ivan very much, unfortunately you never received any money from me,(yet) a friend loaned me his cd to listen to on a trip. He's an avid Ivan fan (dobro picker). I know Ivan from the BCBW workshops at Sorrento BC. Do you go to those ? I don't remember seeing you there as an instructor. Anyway enjoyed your playing, very tasty.
Dave

ronjpike
Aug-21-2012, 10:39am
Turkey Knob is a great Clark Kessinger tune! I wrote it out in standard notation if you want that.

I would like to receive a copy of turkey knob.

Philippe Bony
Aug-21-2012, 11:41am
Hi. Just curious : is it the same Turkey Knob as played by John Duffey, Eddie Adcock (Country Gents) ???
:cool:

ronjpike
Nov-28-2012, 2:42pm
Mike,

Do you still have the tab for Turkey Knob?

Ron

macaccia
Dec-26-2012, 6:26am
Hi that's i really nice tune! I'd like to receive a copy of the tab of anyone ha One to share with me

Thank's
Manolo

Linda P.
Jun-25-2014, 1:34am

Hi Mike, I saw this post from 2008, but I was wondering if you could share the standard notation you have for Turkey Knob still? Six years ago - - you may not have it anymore?? But if you do, I'd sure appreciate a copy.
Thank you,
Linda Popp