PDA

View Full Version : Mel bays mandolin solos anthology

Newman Ray
Feb-28-2008, 12:43pm
Earlier this week I was at a music store. My wife was looking through the mandolin method books, etc. and found this book called "Mel Bay's Master Anthology of Mandolin Solos Volume One". It has the music and tablature for about 50 or more songs and comes with 2 CD's containing most of the recordings. At first I didn't want to get it, but she insisted that she thought that I would enjoy it. Boy, was she right! It is great. It has songs from a plethora of different artists. Many styles of mandolin playing are covered from classical to bluegrass. This was a great way for me to expose myself to different artists and styles of playing. There are a few songs that only have the music and not the tab, but most songs have both. I highly recommend it!

ninarizzo
Mar-07-2020, 4:37pm
I know this is an Extremely old post but I hope you can help me! I just purchased the book with the two CDs. Disc two of the set is completely blank! Murphy's law - I was trying to learn Tom O'Brien's Ireland's Green Shore, which is listed to be on the second disc. Do you know where I could get another one or an MP3 file?
Nina

Jim Garber
Mar-07-2020, 5:46pm
ninarizzo: the present edition has code to download the mp3s onine. Book is here (https://www.melbay.com/Products/98372M/master-anthology-of-mandolin-solos-volume-1.aspx). Maybe you could ask the publisher if you could access the files? It could not hurt to ask nicely, I suppose. I assume that you bought a used copy not a brand new one.