PDA

View Full Version : Band in a box

Andrew DeMarco
Feb-16-2008, 7:01pm
Hi,

I just got band in a box and boy is it overwhelming. I just want a backing chord progression to practice over. I can't find a simple camp-firey "style" to play over - it's all crazy swing and blues etc with ornamentation.

I just want to practice Dixie without having to call up a guitarist friend or listen to a boring metronome:(

How do I get rid of it all!?

Any help is appreciated.

WJF
Feb-16-2008, 7:14pm
I think the short answer is that you don't get rid of it all. It is kinda what it is and in this case, "it" in my opinion is perhaps the world's ugliest user interface ... certainly amongst any software that I've come across. BUT ... don't despair and don't let the business of the interface deter you from using it. The styles are grouped by category and in my copy, there are a number of useful bluegrass styles to be found in the "country/ folk" group. You can preview the style just by clicking the "preview" button in the "styles" window and if you don't like the first one you try, you can keep selecting and previewing (all from within that one window) until you find one that you like.

It really isn't all that bad and if basic use is all you're after, a quick read through s few sections in the "Basics" area of the help file should be all you need.

Good luck!

Andrew DeMarco
Feb-16-2008, 7:26pm
i just fought with this awesomely wretched piece of software until it worked. thanks. grumble.