PDA

View Full Version : Not average mando/zouk tunes on zoomh2

Narayan Kersak
Feb-07-2008, 9:13am
Hey Folks...First let me say Asheville is fantastic. One night I can be playing Led Zeppelin, another night Americana, another Irish and another groovin' composed stuff. Musicians are everywhere and fantastic here.

Last night I got together with two guys and jammed out on the following tunes. At least two of us were improvising at a given time on these so...let me know what you think!

http://www.healingeasy.com/Tunes.html

Narayan Kersak
Feb-07-2008, 5:50pm
I know there is a big thing about...not playing your mandolin like a guitar...and would like to know if I did a little too much of that on these tunes.

Brandon Flynn
Feb-07-2008, 6:03pm
I know there is a big thing about...not playing your mandolin like a guitar...and would like to know if I did a little too much of that on these tunes.
I don't think so. I thought all three tunes were pretty good, on everyone's part. Sounds like a fun jam.

JEStanek
Feb-07-2008, 8:29pm
Those sound pretty nice. I liked the Look Out Trail the best but it sounds like a fun time for all. That's what it's about.

Jamie

Narayan Kersak
Feb-07-2008, 9:33pm
Hey that's cool! Thanks for the feedback...lookout trail was definitely the most worked out one. I played that one with the Zouk player before. The unnamed one, the zouk player had just written, As It Is, I wrote a long time ago. All the soloing stuff that doesn't repeat was improv. It's a lot of fun and we hope to start doing some shows, working out at least 2 hours of originals and probably record an album. Should be fun...I'll be sure to throw in some celtic stuff too.