PDA

View Full Version : Pdf software program

fiddlingdan
Jan-12-2008, 2:52pm
Need some information on software programs to write tab for guitar, mandolin and banjo. Would like it to save in PDF format. HELP so far I haven't been able to find anything
Dan

Walter Newton
Jan-12-2008, 4:52pm
I don't think any of the major notation/tab editing software (Tabledit, Finale, Sibelius etc.) will create PDFs directly. If you have a Mac you can create a PDF of any document as an option under the Print command; with Windows I think you'd need to use something like Adobe Acrobat (not the same as the free Acrobat Reader) to create them.

James P
Jan-12-2008, 5:54pm
PrimoPDF (http://primopdf.com/) is a slick little #freeware app that works with TabEdit. #
I actually haven't found a program it doesn't work with. #Printing to .pdf becomes an option in your Select Printer dialog box.

JEStanek
Jan-12-2008, 8:32pm
James P,
Thanks for that link... That's wonderful. I don't need full Adobe Acrobat functionality at home and printing simply to a PDF rocks!

Jamie

fiddlingdan
Jan-13-2008, 5:35pm
Thanks to all will try and see how it works already have Open Office and it will will save in PDF format. but don't have no way to write tab.
Thanks
Dan

Perry
Jan-19-2008, 10:14am
Finale writes TAB but that program has a STEEP learning curve.
In order to get to TAB you first have to write in standard and then convert to TAB and then fix any fingerings that Finale got wrong. I am not that good with the program so maybe there is an easier way. Finale will export as a TIFF file.

If you find a simple TAB program please post it here.

I think TAB comes in handy for documenting chord melody arrangements.

Ed Fowler
Jan-21-2008, 9:50am
Dan,

The GuitarPro series of programs will export to a pdf. You can select mando tunings and write either tab or standard.

EdtheSquid

fiddlingdan
Jan-21-2008, 11:23am
Thanks for the information on GuitarPro, have downloaded the trail version and will try it and see if it will do what I want it to do
Dan