bradeinhorn
Oct-12-2007, 10:16am
tab/notation anyone?

Austin Koerner
Oct-29-2007, 6:18pm
i wish

David Horovitz
Oct-30-2007, 5:39pm
Is it just me or does that tune sound a lot like something Pat Metheny would have written?

There are a couple of YouTube videos of the tune, including one with Hamilton de Holanda.

I'm not trying to sound flip, but the melody is pretty singable. Have you tried just singing it out and finding the notes on your mando?

seanonabutton
Oct-30-2007, 5:54pm
i play it quite a bit and i suppose i should get around to tabbing it out for folks. as david said though, its pretty easy to learn by ear. though it is probably much easier to learn from mike marshall and hamilton de holondas version, as they play it in D instead of E... http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif good luck

theres also a video on youtube of hamilton de holanda playing it with bela fleck (very fun)

Peter Hackman
Nov-03-2007, 5:00am
wouldn't a higher key be easier to hear?

Perry
Nov-03-2007, 8:03am
here ya go; this is transcription by a friend of mine

Jason Kessler
Nov-03-2007, 11:55am
I've always thought that Big Country was a Fleckinization of "The Bonnie, Bonnie Banks of Lock Lohman."

Ken_P
Nov-04-2007, 10:23pm
Could someone post a like for the youtube video with Bela and Hamilton de Holanda? I've been trying to find it, but not had much luck. Big Country is one of my favorite of Bela's tunes, and I'd love to hear what Hamilton de Holanda does with him.

dang
Jul-25-2015, 12:26pm
*****Many years later*****

Thanks Perry! Ran across this thread on a google search, thought I would give it a bump since it helped me out :mandosmiley: