PDA

View Full Version : Bluegrass twist

EdLowe
Sep-23-2007, 8:34am
I'm looking for a tab for Bluegrass Twist.

I've searched the Cafe, browsed at All Tabs, looked on Mandozine and even "googled" it, but all to no avail.

Have I missed something?
Any pointers much appreciated.

Fred Keller
Sep-23-2007, 9:21am
I just checked on mandozine and it's there in Tabledit format (which means it contains standard notation and tab)--transcribed by Mike Stangeland from Grisman's playing. You'd need to get Tabledit's free viewer (downloadable from tabledit.com) to use it, but if you do, there's an awful lot of other music that you gain access to. Go to mandozine/music, click tabledit files, search for "twist" and it comes up.

cooper4205
Sep-23-2007, 9:59am
You might want to try searching for "Bluegrass Part 1" as it was originally called. Monroe's version is on Mandozine under that name and its also tabbed out in Tottle's "Bluegrass Mandolin"

bradeinhorn
Sep-23-2007, 1:14pm
ronnie mccoury dvd has it. and several cool bluesy tunes like it.

mandohubris
Sep-23-2007, 1:32pm
The best way to do it would be to Contact Mike Compton and take a webcam lesson from him. He has the tune tabbed out and can give you more insights into the tune than Bill Monroe himself could. Here is his e-mail: Mike Compton [taterbugmusic@gmail.com]

Its really a fun tune. I first heard it this summer from the mandolin player for Monroe Crossing at the Grass Valley Bluegrass Festival, and then I asked Mike to teach it to me in the Webcam lesson. You might also want to check out Monroe's Honky Tonk Swing with Mike as well.

EdLowe
Sep-23-2007, 7:53pm
Thanks for the swift and helpful replies.
It seems like I should be in business now.

You might also want to check out Monroe's Honky Tonk Swing

Good suggestion - I downloaded the tab for that too - I like it!