PDA

View Full Version : dunlop fret board cleaner/conditioner

musicman
Mar-16-2005, 3:07pm
Due to the amount of grime and flat out wear and tear my mando has to put up with I found a product by Dunlop called finger board cleaner & prep 01 and finger board Deep conditioner 02. But it say's not to use on maple finger boards. has any one used this product and what do you think.
Mike

tombob
Mar-21-2005, 5:28pm
i recomend dr stringfelows - lemoil to clean ur fretboard, adn fastfret to rup on your strings, the lem oil really cleans up any fretboard nicley and prtects it well, the the fast fret cleans your strings of ny old bits of skin, small patches or rust n dead mice, also lubricates the fretboard alowing u to play thsat lil bit faster, i use it on all my basses, and guitars and i just put some on my mando last night, need some new strings though, snapped the high e at a jam session

doublestop
Mar-22-2005, 6:55pm
I use the Dunlop deep conditioner on my mando and like it.

mandoJeremy
Mar-22-2005, 7:19pm
I actually would discourage the use of any Dunlop products because of the experience I have had with them.

musicman
Mar-25-2005, 9:46pm
I actually would discourage the use of any Dunlop products because of the experience I have had with them.

I still havint used the products and i am a little wery.
what was your experience?
Mike

John Flynn
Mar-25-2005, 10:16pm
Martin guitars says clearly that they recommend against any use of liquids of any kind on their fretboards. Rigel recommends just a little lemon oil on the fretboard once a year. I go with the experts and use those kinds of products only very sparingly. A fretboard can be cleaned just fine with a dry rag. Also, it's good to make sure your hands are clean when you play. I play lot under all kinds of conditions and I have never had "grime" on my mando. What the heck are you doing with yours?

musicman
Mar-25-2005, 10:22pm
What the heck are you doing with yours?

Just playing it. It's mostly just a case of dead skin, dust the usual