PDA

View Full Version : Preamp

doublestop
Mar-13-2005, 4:42pm
Anyone know a good preamp for a McIntyre feather?

John Flynn
Mar-13-2005, 4:58pm
I haven't used that pickup, but for the pizeos I have used, the LR Baggs Para DI is a great value. Baggs also has belt clip models they claim use the same circuitry, just without as many features. I would get an external power supply with the Baggs DI, though. It is a battery-eater.

Rob Anderson
Mar-13-2005, 10:39pm
Hello,
I use a Rane AP-13 dual channel rackmount preamp. I got tired of the limitations of small belt pack types. The Rane does everrything you could want from a preamp. Blends 2 signals, 5 band graphic on each channel, tuner out, main out, headphone out, effects loop... it's wonderful. Pretty expensive new but they can be had on E-Bay for $200 or so.
Rob

Mike Bunting
Mar-13-2005, 11:53pm
The Baggs Para DI will run on phantom power.

Fuzzyway
Mar-14-2005, 1:35am
I've got a Rane AP-13 and A Baggs Para DI. Both work great with my acoustic gtrs and Rigel G5. The Baggs is the one that sees the most use outside of the house. Simple to throw in the gig bag, and most places I play have phantom power, so battery drain has not been a problem.

Best, Fuzzy

ira
Mar-17-2005, 8:43am
i use the baggs beltclip model, and have been quite happy with it. light, easy to use, and change volume, hi and lows on the fly during songs.

Dr. Jazz
Mar-26-2005, 9:49pm
I vote for the Para Di. If you want larger more expensive cleaner items, they do exist. but if you are looking for small and tremendously versatile with a balance output, the Para DI is the best around. Most touring pros that I've mixed travel with their own.
I would also vote for the K&K pre. If the belt clip version had a balanced O/P and was phantom powered I might even prefer it, especially the dual I/P version.
Mike