PDA

View Full Version : Marantz Superscope PSD300.

telepbrman
Mar-07-2005, 2:45pm
I am looking into one of these, does anyone here use one? What is the story? I want to have a easy to use cd recorder. I have a Zoom 4 track w/memory card, 128, and it is cool, but believe it or not: I just can't get into using it because of the confusions/troouble understanding computers, recorders, files, and such....Will this Marantz be easier to use? Later, dy.

Ken Sager
Mar-07-2005, 5:25pm
Maybe. If you're trying to multi-track with a CD recorder like this you're probably going to consume a whole bunch of CDs doing it. Here's a link to the PSD300's user's manual (it's 5+MB). Take a look to see if you think you can figure it out better than your Zoom.

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pdf/man/m_241300.pdf

I'd put some time or effort into mastering your Zoom before dropping another $1000 on something else.

But that's just me.
Best of luck,
Ken

telepbrman
Mar-08-2005, 3:48am
Thanks bud for the info, I'll keep you posted, dy.

Alan Taunton
Mar-17-2007, 3:38pm
I am considering purchasing a Superscope PSD340. #Is this a good choice for use in rehearsals, practice, disecting tunes, etc.?

capokid
Mar-17-2007, 8:05pm
I use a friend's psd-300 for rehearsal reasons with our band and I have to say, it's a wonderful tool. I'm going to get a psd-340 because it has phantom power and you'll need that for condenser mikes. But if you want to go back and listen to anything you just did - it's one touch.
Even using the internal mike is great. I use an 8 track mixer and run it into the psd-300 and I can set levels on anything I want. Plus if you want to redo a tune and it's not finalized, just erase it and start again.
It's made believers out of us.
Capokid