PDA

View Full Version : Rob Anderson Cases

addcourt
Mar-05-2005, 3:28pm
Received my Loar-style Anderson case in yesterday's mail. Took less than one month for this custom case at a cost of $220.00 which included a a quality French hygrometer(sp?). The first part of my review deals with the builder. Rob is very accommodating to say the least. My choice of styles, interior/exterior materials and hardware was very impressive. I selected the sage interior and vintage tweed exterior. I wish I could figure out the photo technique so I could post a shot or two. The quality of the craftsmanship is excellent. I have a Pag case to campare this case to and it has the same kind of attention to detail--excellent! This case offers a similar level of protection that the Pag offers which is limited. They're not made like a Calton, but they have that vintage look and feel and I'm very pleased with it.

Scotti Adams
Mar-06-2005, 1:42pm
..some pics...nice looking case...great quality for the money.

Scotti Adams
Mar-06-2005, 1:56pm
two

Scotti Adams
Mar-06-2005, 1:58pm
three

Scotti Adams
Mar-06-2005, 1:59pm
four

Scotti Adams
Mar-06-2005, 2:00pm
last one...

AlanN
Mar-06-2005, 2:05pm
Like it.

Scotti Adams
Mar-06-2005, 2:19pm
This is Addcourt's...Mike Delay's....case.....I resized the pics and posted them.....Mikes a nice guy...and he has some killer mandos.

El Rey del Mando
Mar-06-2005, 6:39pm
Hey Scotti,If we keep doing this to you(resizing our pictures)It wont be long before you can start a business.Glad I got mine done before the new fee takes place.(just kidding,of course)

John

Scotti Adams
Mar-06-2005, 7:09pm
Hey..I can resize them...I just havent figured out how to convert pics to JPEG that arent already...I need a tutor. No fee..I enjoy helping the "Family" out.

El Rey del Mando
Mar-07-2005, 8:01am
Well Scotti, I was just having a little fun. For a minnute there,I thought that I had some kind of condition that was contagious.

John

Adam Tracksler
Mar-07-2005, 9:33am
how do i get in touch with rob?

El Rey del Mando
Mar-07-2005, 12:09pm
Rob has a thread on the cafe somewhere about his cases.
Do a search on the cafe.
John

futrconslr
Mar-23-2005, 3:22pm
I have a program that will convert Bit maps to Jpeg.

Scotti Adams
Mar-23-2005, 4:06pm
I have a program that will convert Bit maps to Jpeg.
..wish I had one..

John Bertotti
Mar-24-2005, 10:43am
I have a bowl back and the people with them have been hesitant to try one for a bowl. The concern is size and weight. I am going to take the chance and try one anyway. John

Jim Garber
Mar-24-2005, 11:38am
I have a bowl back and the people with them have been hesitant to try one for a bowl. The concern is size and weight. I am going to take the chance and try one anyway. John
I had a long email discussion with Rob. His workmanship looks impeccable and the price is very reasonable. The problem is that he has to make a case with 90 degree corners. If there was a way to slim down and narrow it down to the headstock area, I would order one as well.

Jim

Scotti Adams
Mar-24-2005, 11:52am
..why do the corners have to be 90 degrees?

Jim Garber
Mar-24-2005, 12:05pm
..why do the corners have to be 90 degrees?
I am sure that Rob can answer, but I think it has to do with the way he joins the corners.

Jim

John Bertotti
Mar-24-2005, 12:09pm
I remember a thread were it was discussed in the classical section. I don't mind the rectangular case. Weight isn't a real issue for me as most of the cases I lug around are between 35 and 75 lbs. I am looking forward to a little extra room inside. I also wonder if the weigh from an f style to my bowl back wont be a wash in the end. Close to same area just a different configuration. Well see I have been thinking about this since that thread so I'm not doing this blind. I think it will work out fine. Although if Rob did offer a taper from the bowl to the headstock I would opt for that. John

I would assume that Rob is using finger joint so in the process of setting all his equipment up it is probably set up for 90 degree angles. A finger joint at an obtuse angle is a bit trickier and more time consuming.
On a side note we have discussed the possibilities of using leather for an exterior. I think that is exciting, just love leather! John http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Rob Anderson
Mar-24-2005, 9:13pm
Hi Guys,
Just some notes on my cases.
They are all currently finger-jointed rectangles with 90 degree nickle plated corners. When I started to think about design, I wanted something to look really vintage and not look like everyone elses. Almost everything out there is rounded corners and a sewn on valance. The look is as important to me as function.
I understand many people will want a shaped case because of the smaller size, but my rectangles have a larger storage pocket (with the headstock cocked to the handle side) than most cases. I see that as a big advantage and will carry on with the pure rectangles in standard and vintage style interiors for awhile as I am very satisisfied with them. However,I do get bored easily and there are a number of new designs in the works which I want to keep secret untill they are perfected!
As always feel free to call with any questions or ideas about things you would like to see in a case. These are all basically one at a time so I can be quite accomadating.

Here's a shot of the latest... covered in "Waikiki Sunset" lacquered fabric.

Rob Anderson-Dunamis Designs 920-470-2767