PDA

View Full Version : Bill James Tp

Scotti Adams
Feb-22-2005, 3:09pm
.I abolutely love it...great machine work, Plating work and engraving work.....cant get much better...highly recommended. Now..whats the trick in getting the "O" rings to stay seated?..it must be the tension of the strings that keep them in place..or do they stay seated without the tension?

Lane Pryce
Feb-22-2005, 3:18pm
Is it going on the Rose? Lp

Scotti Adams
Feb-22-2005, 3:28pm
Yes it is....

Scotti Adams
Feb-22-2005, 3:43pm
..just got an email from the man himsef...Bill James....it is indeed the string tension that holds the "O" rings in place. Top notch piece of work from a top notch Man.

SternART
Feb-22-2005, 3:45pm
How much are they?

Scotti Adams
Feb-22-2005, 3:46pm
You should contact Mr. James on that axiom@core.com

JimRichter
Feb-22-2005, 8:47pm
Will Kimble is starting to use these Axiom tailpieces on his Kimbles. I have one on my Kimble 2 point and it is a phenomenal piece of machinery (on, of course, a phenomenal mandolin).

Jim

Scotti Adams
Feb-22-2005, 8:54pm
..so Jim..I guess the secrets out..you are a proud Kimble owner...congrats man.....I bet its a sexy beaut.

Peakbagr
Feb-22-2005, 9:24pm
I had the luck to the prototype Hans Brentrup showed at IBMA. He brought it back to his shop and put it on my V23 which was just about ready to ship. Like the mandolin, the TP is terrific.

JimRichter
Feb-22-2005, 10:12pm
I guess the secret is out. Wanted to make sure it would happen before saying anything. Also, I've had the habit of trading stuff out so much that I didn't want to be too zealous on this one for fear of "oh there goes Jim again going overboard on a new mando saying it's the "one"--I wonder how long he'll keep this one" But it's a truly great mandolin and I have an allegiance to Will, so it'll stay with me for quite awhile. I actually feel a little "settled down."

Jim

DannyB
Feb-25-2005, 11:49am
They also sell them at Elderly now. Must be something there. I just ordered one myself and I'm pretty much a tight wad until it comes to my mando, I guess...

Klaus Wutscher
Feb-25-2005, 12:05pm
Funny you mentioned that Jim. At this moment I was thinking that this tp would look good on my Kimble(s) too...
hmm, lets see...new tailpiece vs. decent housing... hmm... decent housing wins...for the time being....