PDA

View Full Version : DR Strings

bjc
Feb-20-2005, 10:07am
Hello fellow mandoheads,

Just wondering who has used DR strings. I have two sets that i recieved with Allen TP's. I figure I will try them out when I put the new TP on the new girl. But I'm just wondering are they bright bluegrass strings or what...thanks in advance y'all.

Mteresko
Feb-20-2005, 11:30am
I like them alot. They are currently my favorite strings on my Wiens F5. I would say that they are definitely on the bright side.

onlyagibsonisgoodenuff
Feb-20-2005, 11:39am
I, too have used them, and I liked them with one exception. They are the only strings I've had trouble with breakage on the "E" string when I put 'em on. Never could figure out why.

Mteresko
Feb-20-2005, 9:39pm
For what its worth, I haven't had a breakage problem. Maybe I'm just not playing loud enough!

mandogrouch
Feb-21-2005, 9:35am
I had never heard of them untill I got a set or two with my Allen TP. I prefer them now for the Nug, mainly because I can push them harder than regular ph. bronze stings. I need to do this because I occasionally play outside, w/out amplification with a gutar player and I need all the help I can get. You may find them a little more "stiff" than strings of the same guage of another brand, I don't know why, but I rather like it on the mando I play out with. Also, they last a lot longer than the ph. bronze strings I used before. lIke 'em on the Nug but wouldn't think of putting them on my F2.