This Day In Mandolin History
Search 1273 mandolin related historical events:
Search by date:
Today on this day in mandolin history, April 24 ...
1894 - Theodore T. Seal of Bellaire, Ohio awarded U.S. Patent #518900 for a mandolin body made of blown glass.
1949 - Larry Rice born in Danville, Virginia.
1985 - Bill Monroe, age 73 marries Della Streeter, age 43.
2009 - Concerti Per Mandolino by Avi Avital released.
2011 - Will Patton Interview published on the Mandolin Cafe.
Special thanks to the help provided by these individuals and various web resources used in the creation of this:
- The Internet Movie Database
- Craig Miller at Acoustic Disc
- Don Stiernberg
- Country Music Television
- National Public Radio
- Google Patent, News and Web search
- Yahoo Web search
- Stan Jay of Mandolin Brothers
- Dan Beimborn and the Mandolin Archive
- Roger H. Siminoff
- Butch Baldassari and SoundArt Recordings
- Mandolin Cafe News and Forum
- Country Music Hall of Fame
- The Bill Monroe Reader
- Ted Eschliman and JazzMando.com
- International Bluegrass Music Museum
- Grand Ole Opry
- The Music of Bill Monroe
- Come Hither to Go Yonder: Playing Bluegrass with Bill Monroe
- Can't You Hear Me Callin': The Life of Bill Monroe, Father of Bluegrass
- Walnut Valley Festival
- New York Times
- Chicago Tribune
- Lawrence Journal World
- Sugar Hill Records
- Rounder Records
- Library of Congress
- Time Magazine
- Look Magazine back issues
- Niles Hokkanen
- University of Iowa Digital Library
- Barry Trott