Morgan Music •
Ellis Mandolins •
Elderly Instruments •
The Mandolin Store •
The Music Emporium • Eastman • The Acoustic Music Company • Mandolin World Headquarters • JustStrings.com • Weber
Join us for our seventh annual intermediate Murphy Method Banjo Camp, March 24-26, 2017, in Winchester, Virginia. A weekend of all banjo all the time is just what you need to kick your playing up to the next level! Our camp is different from any other camp you’ve gone to. It will be 100% Murphy Method instruction. We’ll do more playing, less talking, and the small class size will allow plenty of individual attention.
Murphy Henry and Casey Henry will be your instructors throughout the weekend. We will add a third instructor if needed to keep class sizes small. We will focus on making you a better, more rounded banjo player. In response to overwhelming student feedback we will focus on playing with other people and improving your jamming skills. Other topics will likely include: improvising, playing in C, and dealing with “off chords.” There will be lots and lots of playing.
We make our camps ones that WE would want to attend! Accordingly, the accommodations will be a private room at the Courtyard Marriott in Winchester. Our camp classes and activities will be held right at the hotel, and you will have access to the classrooms after hours for jamming.
300 Marriott Drive
Winchester, VA 22603
Tuition: $700 (Includes lodging for Friday and Saturday nights and lunch on Saturday and Sunday)
About Murphy Method
The Murphy Method is a way of teaching bluegrass music BY EAR. We use no tablature in our teaching because we believe tablature is a crutch that interferes with learning to play bluegrass. We explain each song note by note, so that it is easy and quick to learn. As you learn these tunes, you also develop your ear, so that learning actually gets easier as you go along! Many of our students tell us that the Murphy Method is the fastest, easiest, most enjoyable way to learn that they have ever tried. And the facts speak for themselves: our students are learning to play! Visit us at http://www.murphymethod.com.
Ad Number 105766
Posted: Dec 26, 2016 08:48 AM CDT
P.O. Box 2498
Winchester Virginia 22604
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 115
This individual has never replied to an ad using this email address.
Other recent ads placed:
• Ned Luberecki: Start With The Melody - Easy Solos
• Intermediate Mandolin Volume 1
• Beginning Fiddle Volume 1
• Bluegrass Mandolin And Other Trouble: Red Henry
• Pretty Good For A Girl: Women In Bluegrass
• Jump Into Jamming With Chris Henry: Bluegrass Classics
• Learning To Hear Chord Changes
• Banjo Capos, Chords, And Theory
• Half Price DVD Of The Month: Banjo Backup For Fiddle Tunes
• Beginning Guitar - Murphy Method
• Picking Up The Pace: More Slow Jamming With Murphy And Casey
• Murphy Method Women's Bluegrass Jam+Harmony Singing Camp
• Murphy Method Women's Banjo Camp: July 28-30, 2017
• Beginning Mandolin
• Kickstart Your Jamming
• Easy Songs For Banjo
• Banjo For Misfits
• Intermediate Mandolin Volume 2