Morgan Music •
Ellis Mandolins •
Elderly Instruments •
The Mandolin Store •
The Music Emporium • Eastman • The Acoustic Music Company • Mandolin World Headquarters • JustStrings.com • Weber
Bill Monroe-Style Mandolin: Bill Monroe, the Father of Bluegrass, is also the father of the Monroe-style of mandolin playing. Our son Chris Henry who has been called a "fire-eating Monroe acolyte" grew up on the sounds of Bill Monroe, not only from records but from the sounds of his own father’s playing. (With some David McLaughlin thrown in for good measure.) In other words, Chris knows the Monroe style. Having grown up in a Murphy Method home, he also knows how to teach it, note by note.
Here we present four Bill Monroe tunes along with a bluesy Monroe-style break to “Man of Constant Sorrow.” If you’re ready for some hard-core bluegrass mandolin playing, you’ve come to the right place! No Tab. 83 minutes.
Big Mon, Bluegrass Breakdown, Raw Hide, Wheel Hoss, Man of Constant Sorrow.
DVD or Digital Download
About Murphy Method
The Murphy Method is a way of teaching bluegrass music BY EAR. We use no tablature in our teaching because we believe tablature is a crutch that interferes with learning to play bluegrass. We explain each song note by note, so that it is easy and quick to learn. As you learn these tunes, you also develop your ear, so that learning actually gets easier as you go along! Many of our students tell us that the Murphy Method is the fastest, easiest, most enjoyable way to learn that they have ever tried. And the facts speak for themselves: our students are learning to play! Visit us at http://www.murphymethod.com.
Category: Mandolin Accessories
Ad Number 105243
Posted: Dec 9, 2016 04:39 PM CDT
P.O. Box 2498
Winchester Virginia 22604
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 115
This individual has never replied to an ad using this email address.
Other recent ads placed:
• Ned Luberecki: Start With The Melody - Easy Solos
• Intermediate Mandolin Volume 1
• Beginning Fiddle Volume 1
• Bluegrass Mandolin And Other Trouble: Red Henry
• Pretty Good For A Girl: Women In Bluegrass
• Jump Into Jamming With Chris Henry: Bluegrass Classics
• Learning To Hear Chord Changes
• Banjo Capos, Chords, And Theory
• Half Price DVD Of The Month: Banjo Backup For Fiddle Tunes
• Beginning Guitar - Murphy Method
• Picking Up The Pace: More Slow Jamming With Murphy And Casey
• Murphy Method Women's Bluegrass Jam+Harmony Singing Camp
• Murphy Method Women's Banjo Camp: July 28-30, 2017
• Murphy Method Intermediate Banjo Camp March 24-26, 2017
• Beginning Mandolin
• Kickstart Your Jamming
• Easy Songs For Banjo
• Banjo For Misfits