Chris Thile Transitioning to Full-Time Host of A Prairie Home Companion
Chris Thile will transition to full-time host of A Prairie Home Companion in the next year. Mandolin Cafe correspondent Bradley Klein confirmed the rumors, meeting with Thile after last Saturday's Punch Brothers show in Cincinnati, Ohio. More...
Weekend window shopping. Check out the instruments directly available from Weber.
Two interviews under way. Secret, really, but a couple of hints: Sarah and Caleb.
We concur: JazzMando.com's review of August Watters' Exploring Classical Mandolin. Purchase: Berklee Press | Elderly | amazon
Not often available so they get our attention when they are: Campanella Due two-point.
Digging the new Deering Banjos blog design. Yes, not mandolin related, but they make a great tenor banjo. Check out the brand new Hooks and Nuts. Very well done.
If you're ever going to purchase a Gibson A-3 (not everyone's cup of tea), this Aussie 1918 version is in fair price range.
Digging this Northfield A-5 on the Classifieds. Beautiful!
Ten most recent Classified Ads of 798 total.
- Posted 07/03: Mandolins - Parsons Mandolin For Sale
- Posted 07/03: Mandolins - Silver Angel #73
- Posted 07/03: Guitars - 1957 Fender Stratocaster OHSC
- Posted 07/03: Guitars - 2009 Martin HD-35, $1950.00
- Posted 07/03: Other - 20 CDs $50 Dollars Shipped
- Posted 07/03: Mandolins - New Kentucky KM-950 Mandolin
- Posted 07/03: Mandolins - New Kentucky KM-1050 W Hard Case
- Posted 07/03: Mandolins - Pre-Production Max Girouard Varnished A Model Mandolin
- Posted 07/03: Accessories - Tonerite For Sale -SOLD
- Posted 07/03: Guitars - Quilted Mahogany Bearclaw Red Spruce Dreadnaught Monster
- Posted 07/04/15, 04:48 AM - Phrasing, solos, fiddle tunes
- Posted 07/04/15, 04:18 AM - Collin Botts on Irish mandola
- Posted 07/04/15, 04:08 AM - Mon Joo! Olav Loev bouzouki for sale on eBay
- Posted 07/04/15, 04:08 AM - Found my strap
- Posted 07/04/15, 03:49 AM - A Classy Cohen Classical Mandolin
- Posted 07/04/15, 03:42 AM - Discouraging Jam Session
- Posted 07/04/15, 03:32 AM - Jacob Joliff / Yonder Mountain - impressions from last night
- Posted 07/04/15, 03:14 AM - Burning sensation under a callous
- Posted 07/04/15, 02:59 AM - Post your favorite clips from U-Tube, let's start a collection
- Posted 07/04/15, 02:48 AM - How Many Of You Play Music Every Day????????????
- Posted 06/28/2015, Announcements: Chris Thile Transitioning to Full-Time Host of A Prairie Home Companion
- Posted 06/19/2015, Announcements: Inaugural Monroe Mandolin Camp Video Scholarship
- Posted 06/11/2015, Publications: Dawg Books Announces Vol. Three - Dawg Jazz
- Posted 06/08/2015, New Music: Bert Deivert & Copperhead Run - Blood in My Eyes for You
- Posted 06/08/2015, Special Events: Bluegrass in Baltimore Book Release Party
- Posted 06/03/2015, Announcements: West Coast Artist Brings Musical Mural to Elderly Instruments
- Posted 06/02/2015, Publications: Exploring Classical Mandolin: Technique & Repertoire
- Posted 05/31/2015, Special Events: Monroe Mandolin Mondays with Mike Compton
- Posted 05/26/2015, Special Events: New York Premiere of The Ger Mandolin Orchestra
- Posted 05/17/2015, New Music: Mike Marshall & Caterina Lichtenberg - JS Bach
- July 5, 2015 - Bluegrass Jamming Class with Pat Carine starts, Columbus, OH
- July 5-10, 2015 - Common Ground on the Hill Week I, Westminster, MD
- July 5-10, 2015 - Old School Bluegrass Camp, Ontario, Canada
- July 5-11, 2015 - California Coast Music Camp Week 1, Placer County, CA
- July 5-11, 2015 - Swannanoa Gathering Traditional Song Week, Asheville, NC
- July 6-10, 2015 - SummerKeys Classical Mandolin 2015 Workshops, Lubec, ME
- July 7, 2015 - Dan Miller/Tim May Mandolin and Guitar Workshop, Columbia, MO
- July 8, 2015 - Dan Miller/Tim May Mandolin and Guitar Workshop, Lawrence, KS
- July 9, 2015 - Dan Miller/Tim May Mandolin and Guitar Workshop, Springfield, MO
- July 10, 2015 - Dan Miller/Tim May Mandolin and Guitar Workshop, Tulsa, OK
- Posted 04/05/2015 - The Joe K. Walsh Interview
- Posted 03/23/2015 - Happy 70th Birthday, David Grisman
- Posted 01/04/2015 - The Frank Solivan Interview
- Posted 12/07/2014 - Steve Carlson Tooling Up at ZETA
- Posted 10/09/2014 - Stan Jay, Pioneer of Vintage Instrument Fame Fighting For His Life
- Posted 10/05/2014 - David Grisman and Don Stiernberg Discuss Jethro Burns Legacy
- Posted 09/09/2014 - When I'm Free - A Hot Rize Interview with Tim O'Brien
- Posted 07/31/2014 - Mike Compton's Monroe Mandolin Camp Interview
- Posted 06/10/2014 - The Story Behind Collings Tenor Guitars with Steve McCreary
- Posted 06/03/2014 - String Tension: What It Means and How It Became Important
Mandolin Cafe Events Calendar for July 4, 2015
Hate when an old mandolin is so bizarre we want it. Behold, the 1930s Regal Blue Comet.
And this is what you'd call a vintage Calton Case for an F model mandolin.
Lost and found 1916 Gibson F2 - Need input. Should be interesting. Interesting discussion.